Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 3: Machu Pichu

Again awake at 3:30. This time we went to get coffee and food and stumlbed into a random restaurant that was closed until 6. They served us. Soon a large group had come in, one by one, and ate. We ate pancakes, coffee and rolls. Only when we asked to pay did the group of Americans tell us that they thought (and were right) that we had accidentally jumped into their group and gotten their pre paid food. We left quickly after that but we did giev the owner a ince little tip. We got out ont he trial at abotu 4:15, ready to go. It was pretty dark but we foudn the trail eventually. About a third of the way up, I got pretty dizzy and couldn´t quite see, so we slowed down, drank (most of the) water and took it in pieces. I might need to ge in shape soon. We got there around 5:45, and it opens (supposedly) at 6. It was stil dark, and we waited for the tickets. I got in the line that had formed as the well rested tourists came from the first but that arrived. I got to the front of the line adn we still had no tickets, even though berry was 2nd in line. I got back in the end of the line, and was about to get out when she came with 2 student tickets. We used those, except I don´t have a student id with me. I had to go back and bacy the difference, and then finally got into machu pichu. Machi Pichu right off the bat was amazing. If any of you can go, go. It was so cool. At about 10am we left on the other side and climbed a neighboring peak which has an amazing view of the whole valley. I will show pictures of that too. We came back down, did the other half of Machu Pichu, and walked back home. We both instantly collapsed, and decided to take a nice 3o minute nap. Grabbed lunch, dropping 10 soles or $3 for the whole meal, which was pretty ok. I accidentally drank the juice, which may or may not have been made with water, so I may or may not (read defintely will) get sick tonight or tomorrow. Uh oh. I don´t know when I will have internet again, although I will try.

1 comment:

jeanne said...

Tres amusant!I hope your juice wasn't made with water.