Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 1

So today I was travelling pretty much all day. I got up bright and early and got ot the airport. I took a flight ot San Salvador, El Salvdor, tearing through my first book fairly quickly. I would have loved to sleep but I was covered head to toe but the fat man to my left, who got to use the arm rest for his stomach, and my stomach for his arm. Ironic I suppose. I slept for my entire second flight to San Jose Costa Rica. The last flight, the one to Lima, was the longest and I was the most bored. I of course spilled wine all over myself (wine and all other alcoholic beverages are somehow free on Taca airlines, my favorite airline). I slept for a while and in talkign tot he stewardesses, my panish started to come back. Someone tell Jaime Estrada. I got to Lima, got through immigration easily. Beryr met me at my baggage cliam somehow. It was good to see her, tongue ring and all. We got lodging for the night that was way out of our league. We dropped $58 on the cab ride to and form and the one night in the manhattan hotel. Quite a spend. Berry went ot call her parents while we waited for the cab. She was taking about 6 hours, so I went to search for her. I finally did find her scrounging for money. Apparently, while asleep on the plane, she was robbed of her wallet, including her money, her cards and some other things she needed. So that sucks. But now all is ok, since she´s laid back and I´m also laid back. We ended the day with some nice emailing around, askign for some dinero, como dicén, and all was solved.

No comments: